Here is a list of areas where classes have been suspended for Wednesday, October 30, 2019, due to a magnitude 6.6 earthquake that struck North Cotabato.
- General Santos City – all levels (public and private)
- University of Southern Mindanao – all levels
The strong earthquake hit Tulunan, North Cotabato on Tuesday, October 29, killing at least five and injuring a still undetermined number of people, and causing damage to infrastructure in various areas in Mindanao.
The Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology (Phivolcs) said in a bulletin that the tremor, which was tectonic in origin at a depth of 7 kilometers, struck Tulunan, Cotabato at 9:04 am on Tuesday.
The earthquake was felt in the following areas:
- Intensity VII – Tulunan & Makilala, Cotabato; Kidapawan City; Malungon, Sarangani
- Intensity VI – Davao City; Koronadal City; Cagayan de Oro City
- Intensity V -Tampakan,Surallah and Tupi, South Cotabato; Alabel, Sarangani
- Intensity IV – General Santos City; Kalilangan, Bukidnon
- Intensity III – Sergio Osmeña Sr., Zamboanga del Norte; Zamboanga City; Dipolog City; Molave, Zamboanga del Norte; Talakag, Bukidnon
- Intensity I- Camiguin, Mambajao
- Intensity VII – Kidapawan City; Malungon, Sarangani
- Intensity V – Alabel, Sarangani; Tupi, South Cotabato
- Intensity IV – Gingoog City, Misamis Oriental; General Santos City
- Intensity II – Zamboanga City
- Intensity I – Dipolog City; Bislig City; Palo, Leyte