Some local governments have declared class suspensions for September 19, 2019, Thursday, due to inclement weather brought about by the southwest monsoon or hanging habagat, a low pressure area, and the trough or extension of Tropical Depression Nimfa.
State weather bureau said at 3:00 PM today, the center of Tropical Depression “NIMFA” was estimated based on all available data at 745 km East Northeast of Basco, Batanes (21.8°N, 129.0°E) with maximum sustained winds of 55 km/h near the center and gustiness of up to 70 km/h.
Bagyong Nimfa is moving Northeast slowly. Meanwhile, the Low Pressure Area (LPA) was estimated based on all available data in the vicinity of Sto. Tomas, La Union (16.3°N, 120.4°E). Southwest Monsoon is affecting Central and Southern Luzon and Western Visayas.
Between today and tomorrow (19 September) morning, frequent light to moderate with occasional heavy rains will be experienced over Pangasinan, Zambales, Bataan, Occidental Mindoro, Romblon, northern portions of Palawan including Calamian and Cuyo Islands, Aklan, Antique, Iloilo and Guimaras.
Occasional light to moderate rains with intermittent heavy rain showers during thunderstorms will affect Metro Manila, CALABARZON, Batanes, Cagayan including Babuyan Islands, Ilocos Norte, Apayao, and the rest of Central Luzon and MIMAROPA. Scattered rains and isolated thunderstorms are expected over the rest of Luzon and Western Visayas.
Residents of the aforementioned areas, especially those living in areas identified to be highly or very highly susceptible to floods and rain-induced landslides, are advised to take precautionary measures, coordinate with local disaster risk reduction and management offices, and continue monitoring for updates, especially the Thunderstorm or Rainfall Advisories and Heavy Rainfall Warnings to be issued by PAGASA Regional Services Divisions.
Sea travel is risky, especially for small seacrafts, over the northern and eastern seaboards of Northern Luzon due to potentially rough to very rough sea conditions. Most of the other seaboards of the country will remain moderate to rough.
List of Class Suspensions on September 19, 2019
Here’s a running list of class suspensions on September 19, 2019, Thursday. These class suspension announcements were as of 7:50 A.M., Thursday, September 19. Please refresh this page for updates.
- Cavite province – all levels (public and private)
- Nueva Ecija – preschool to senior high school (public and private)
- Angeles City – all levels (public and private)
- Bacolor – all levels (public and private)
- Mabalacat City – preschool to elementary (public and private)
- Macabebe – all levels (public and private), until Friday, September 20
- Magalang – all levels (public and private)
- Masantol – all levels (public and private)
- Porac – all levels (public and private)
- San Luis – preschool to senior high school (public and private)
- Santa Ana – all levels (public and private)
- Santa Rita – preschool to senior high school (public and private)
- Sasmuan – all levels (public and private) in barangays Mabuan-buan, Batang 1 and 2, Malusac, and Sebitanan