The bad weather caused by Tropical Storm Basyang has prompted local government officials to announce class suspensions on February 13, 2018, Tuesday.
The following areas have canceled classes on February 13:
(Update as of 10:10 p.m., Feb. 12, 2018)
- Gingoog City, Misamis Oriental — all levels (public and private)
- Iligan City — all levels
- Jimenez, Misamis Occidental — preschool to senior high school (public and private)
- Tacloban City — all levels (public and private)
- Cebu province — all levels (public and private)
- Bohol – all levels (public and private)
- Naval, Biliran – all levels (public and private)
- Davao City – all levels (public and private)
Storm Signal No. 2 is up in Surigao del Sur, Surigao del Norte, Agusan del Norte, Agusan del Sur, and Dinagat Islands while Storm Signal No. 1 in Southern portion of Samar, southern portion of Eastern Samar, Biliran, Leyte, Southern Leyte, Bohol, Cebu, Negros Oriental, Negros Occidental, Siquijor, Guimaras, Iloilo, Capiz, and the southern portion of Antique, Camiguin, Compostela Valley, Davao Oriental, Davao del Norte, Misamis Oriental, Misamis Occidental, Lanao del Norte, Lanao del Sur, Bukidnon, Zamboanga Sibugay, Zamboanga del Norte, and the northern portion of Zamboanga del Sur.
With maximum sustained winds of 65 kph near the center and gustiness of up to 80 kph it is expected to pass Esperanza, Agusan del Sur tomorrow afternoon.
This is a developing story. Refresh this page for updates.