Here is a list of areas where classes have been suspended for Wednesday, November 20, 2019, due to Typhoon Ramon.
- Mariano Marcos State University – all levels
- Cagayan – all levels (public and private)
- Ilocos Norte – all levels (public and private)
In a 5 pm severe weather bulletin issued by PAGASA, Ramon is still 120 kilometers east of Calayan, Cagayan. It remains almost stationary, hardly moving for most of Tuesday.
The typhoon maintained its strength, with maximum winds of 120 km/h and gustiness of up to 165 km/h.
Since Ramon is barely moving, its landfall keeps getting pushed back. It is now expected to make landfall in the Babuyan Group of Islands between Tuesday evening and Wednesday morning.
It is forecast to gradually weaken after hitting land, “due to the land interaction and the northeast monsoon,” said PAGASA.
Tropical cyclone wind signals remain raised over the following areas:
Signal No. 3 (winds of 121 km/h to 170 km/h)
- northern part of Cagayan (Santa Praxedes, Claveria, Sanchez Mira, Pamplona, Abulug, Ballesteros, Aparri, Calayan, Camalaniugan, Buguey, Santa Teresita, Gonzaga, Santa Ana)
Signal No. 2 (winds of 61 km/h to 120 km/h)
- rest of Cagayan
- lIocos Norte
- Ilocos Sur
Signal No. 1 (winds of 30 km/h to 60 km/h)
- northern part of Isabela (Sta Maria, San Pablo, Maconacon, Cabagan, Sto Tomas, Quezon, Delfin Albano, Tumauini, Divilacan, Quirino, Roxas, Mallig, San Manuel, Burgos, Gamu, Ilagan City)
- Mountain Province
- La Union
Based on automatic class suspension guideline by DepEd, LGUs have the authority to declare local suspensions in areas where there is no storm signal.