The Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) has released schedule of four “passport on wheels” vehicles around Metro Manila to decongest its consular offices.
The project was launched last 15th of January with DFA Secretary Alan Peter Cayetano and Sen. Cynthia Villar leading the launching of the program.
“Passport on wheels” aims to bring passport services closer to the public.
The vehicle’s first rollout was in Las Pinas.
DFA said that each vehicle can process up to 500 applications daily, creating a total of 2,000 additional daily slots upon its launch. The program caters to those who do not have access to a consular office.
It also added that they plan to extend the project to parts of Visayas and Mindanao.
“Passport on wheels” is one of several improvements in the passport application system. Other improvements are the following:
- Further streamlining the process of passport application
- Improvement in the online appointment system
- Opening of more passports slots to the public – 230,000 additional slots from August to December 2017 through the cancellation of 50,000 bogus appointments, increase capacity of DFA Aseana from 1,900 to 3,300 through the addition of data capturing machines and personnel and removal of 1,200 slots previously reserved for travel agencies
- Opening of additional consular offices outside metro manila
- Deployment of passport on wheels starting January 28 to decongest the consular offices in Metro Manila
- Continue the deployment of weekly mobile passporting services in key locations nationwide and working toawrds the implementation of e-payment system
- Strict implementation of the courtesy lane for those entitled to it by law such as senior citizens and one companion, PWDs, children below 7 years old with parents and siblings, and vissibly pregnant women
- Availability of OFW lane for OFWs with sufficient status such as e-DOLE card, valid employment contract, work visa
- Reduction of the automated fingerprint identification system backlog from 33,000 to zero
Schedule of ‘Passport on Wheels’
“Passport on wheels” vans will be parked on:
|23 Jan. 2018 (Tuesday)||Muntinlupa City||Ayala Mall South Park in Alabang||Only the first 1,000 applicants for the POW will be accepted by Muntinlupa as directed by the DFA. POW application forms will be released from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Jan. 12 at the Mayor’s Office at the Muntinlupa City hall. Submission of forms together with photocopy of requirements will be on Jan. 16 and 17. Applicants need to present the original copies of requirements on the day of application on Jan. 23.|
|18 Jan. 2018 (Thursday)||City of Manila||Manila City Hall||A possible of 2,000 slots will be served.|