Class suspensions were suspended on February 6, 2017, Monday in some colleges and universities due to the nationwide transport strike.
Afternoon classes are suspended in the following cities, universities:
- Malabon City (all levels, private and public)
- University of Santo Tomas (classes and office work suspended starting 12 p.m.)
- De La Salle University in Taft, Makati, BGC (classes and office work starting 1:30 p.m.)
- Colegio de San Juan de Letran (suspension of classes starts 2 p.m., suspension of office work starts at 3 p.m.)
- College of Saint Benilde (classes suspended starting 1 p.m.)
- Far Eastern University (classes suspended starting 1:30 p.m.)
The transport strike is said to end by 7 p.m.